Welcome to our Creative Labs Family!
We thank you for placing your trust in us and allowing us the opportunity to take care of your child and your family’s needs.
As we get to know each other better, please feel free to chat with us about any questions or concerns. For your convenience, you can review the Parent Handbook for our facility at the link below.
We are looking forward to working together with you for the total well-being of your child and all our children. We are here to understand, help, and support!
Meals Program Menu
We provide a fresh, well-balanced, nutritious meal with our on-site chef and kitchen. Below is this week’s menu.
COVID-19 Facility Protocol Plan
The pandemic has been hard for us all. In order to continue to carry out our educational mission during this crisis, it is important that everyone involved is confident that all appropriate measures are being taken to protect their health and well-being. Our staff and the parents of our students are well aware of our long-standing commitment to a clean and hygienic learning environment.
As we continue to monitor COVID-19, we will adhere to the following guidelines set forth by DECAL’s child services, the CDC, and the Department of Health:
- We conduct temperature checks twice a day for anyone who enters the building. Any person with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed in the building and should remain home for at least 48 hours.
- No visitors (parents, staff, students) to enter the building who display signs of shortness of breath/ sneezing/ coughing/ low fever/ etc
- All parents/adults must wear masks at drop off and pick up
- All staff must wear masks throughout the day
- Please ring bell as door will be kept locked to receive your child
- Anyone (children or adults) with respiratory illness symptoms or fever to return home and stay home until fever free for at least 24 hours
- All students will be escorted to thoroughly wash their hands (minimum 20 seconds) then dry.
- If your child is not feeling well for any reason, please refrain from sending him/her to school.
- Students will nap in their classrooms with their cots/nap mats spread apart and nap linens sent home to be washed weekly.
It turns out the design of the school and the practices we have always had in place have made it easier for us to adapt to the social distancing guidelines. However, since the pandemic started, we have taken even greater precautions to further ensure everyone’s safety.
- Our school was built with multiple HVAC systems, rather than one centralized heating and cooling system. This greatly reduces the change of airborne germs traveling between classrooms.
- We have the ability to serve meals in our classrooms rather than in common areas.
- Follow strict hand washing and sanitation policies.
- We have deep cleaned and sanitized all classrooms, carpets, and common areas and continue to clean on an ongoing basis.
- Frequently (several times a day) clean the classrooms and all common areas.
- We provide multiple hand sanitizers to all classrooms for frequent use.
To better educate ourselves, we have spent countless hours speaking with experts in fields ranging from finance to infectious disease to environmental cleaning.
To stay informed about the latest developments, we monitor the announcements and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, child care licensing authorities, public health departments, and other state and local government bodies.
When inclement weather or dangerous road conditions occur, if Forsyth County schools are closed or delay opening, Creative Labs will also be closed or delay opening. Announcements will be communicated on this website and via Procare and email.
If inclement weather or dangerous road conditions warrant an early closing, parents will be notified by email and text messages. Make sure you plan to leave early from work because traffic will be bad! Late pickup beyond the emergency closing time will incur $3.00 per minute. We are trying to keep our families as well as our staff safe!
If there is a loss of power, water, heat, or air conditioning cannot operate safely, the center will temporarily close until the situation is resolved. Parents will be notified accordingly through email, Procare and a Special Alert posted on our website at www.CreativeLabsCenter.com.
Policies & Procedures
Our Policies and Procedures all relate to the health, safety and general well-being of our children. Adherence to our Policies & Procedures will be strictly required and non-compliance will result in disenrollment.
Make sure that you and your emergency contacts can always be contacted immediately in an emergency. If cell-phone use is not allowed at work, provide a work number so you can be contacted immediately. Update all new information IMMEDIATELY.
Safety and Health Policy
- The Law requires that the parent must accompany their child into and out of the building. When your child runs ahead of you, they could get hurt.
- Your child can only be picked up by someone you have authorized. If a sudden emergency requires a special pick-up arrangement, notify the center ahead of time by calling and sending an email. If we do not recognize the person picking up as a listed authorized person, we will need to check their Driver’s License.
- No items are to be brought into the center – including no toys, food, and bags. We need to ensure that nothing inappropriate or potentially harmful is brought into the center. For birthday celebrations and parties, please check with the staff on appropriate food to bring.
- Your child must be dressed appropriately to play safely, actively and comfortably. Remember that your child needs to move, run, jump, climb, bend, and reach through the day! They also need to be diapered, or to go potty themselves several times through the day. No buttoned pants/jeans, belts, overalls, and dresses. No hats or caps. Stretchable, pull-on and non-binding clothing is required. Footwear needs to stay on, be non-slip and must allow their feet. Shoe-laces must stay tied to avoid tripping. Please remember that your child is playing hard and clothes do get dirty!
- Two changes of clothing stored in a labeled zip-lock gallon bag, must be kept in your child’s cubby. Make sure you bring additional backup outfits as needed. Soiled underwear will be discarded. If your child has a potty accident and there are no additional outfits, you will be required to bring one immediately!
- Children who have contagious symptoms should not be medicated at home and brought to the center. Please be considerate and ethical. No matter how desperate you are with your work situation, your sick child is not feeling good and needs you. They will also get other children sick!
- Symptoms which require exclusion from attendance include:
- Fever of 101 degrees and above
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Breathing issues or continuous coughing
- Eye/nasal Discharge indicating possible infection
- Uncontrollable crying which possibly indicates a medical issue
- If your child develops the symptoms at the center, you or your emergency contacts will be notified and be required to pick up your child within the hour. Make sure you have alternative emergency backup if you cannot leave work immediately. Your child’s health might worsen suddenly and need immediate medical attention.
- If your child still has symptoms of an illness, or after a recent injury, a doctor’s note will be required before your child can come back to attend the center.
Please inform the teacher if your child needs to be given medication.
DO NOT LEAVE medication unattended. Medication must be handed to a staff person in charge
- Only medication prescribed to your child in its original container, and with prescription instructions will be given. A Medication Authorization form must be filled out and medication will only be given once at 12pm unless required additionally by a physician. Remember to follow medication directions accurately. Wrong dosage, and missed or off schedule doses may affect the effectiveness of antibiotics.
- A formal Action Plan is required from your child’s pediatrician if your child had Asthma or any other medical condition that may require on-going medication.
- Tuition is deducted at the 1st of every month. Any overdraft fees will be added to the tuition total amount.
- Tuition is charged for your child’s space and is due whether or not your child is present.
- Since the expenses of Creative Labs are based on fixed enrollment levels, the center cannot give credit for absence, vacation, holidays or closed days due to inclement weather.
- If our School must close due to unexpected circumstances, such as inclement weather, then full payment of tuition is required. We reserve the right to close any additional days needed and full tuition payment is expected
- We reserve the right to change tuition and/or program fees due to unforeseen increases in expenses. Families will be notified of any changes in tuition within four weeks of the change. Any additional services such as late pick-up, field trips, etc. must be paid the same day the services are rendered.
- Should it become necessary to withdraw your child for any reason of your own, a two-week written notice must be given to the administration. No portion of your monthly paid outstanding tuition will be refunded or canceled in the event of absence, withdrawal or dismissal from School.
- We reserve the right to dismiss any student at the discretion of the School’s Director or member of management.